A EZGO RXV and TXT golf cart can run slow because of a faulty speed sensor, low battery charge and insufficient levels of water in the battery. A problem with the speed sensor. A faulty speed magnet. One or more batteries could are weak and don’t have sufficient charge or the water level could be low.
Why is my EZ Go golf cart going so slow?
Usually, the most common reason golf carts slow down is when they don’t get enough power output from the battery. If the battery pack charge is very low and your cart is out of power, your cart will run slow.
How can I make my EZ Go golf cart faster?
6 Ways You Can Make a Golf Cart Faster
- Add More Torque to Your Golf Cart.
- Upgrade Your Golf Cart’s Motor.
- Improve the High-Speed Controller of the Cart.
- Add Better Golf Cart Tires.
- Use a Higher Powered Golf Cart Battery.
- Watch the Weight in Your Golf Cart.
Why is my golf cart slow with new batteries?
Perhaps the most common reason that a golf cart slows down is when it doesn’t have enough power output from your battery. Often, this occurs if the battery pack charge is too low and your cart is out of power. However, if your cart is fully charged and has no problems there, the voltage output may be to blame here.
How do I increase the torque on my EZ Go gas golf cart?
Change the Speed ControllerThe Speed Controller regulates the electric output of the motor; a higher voltage equals more RPM, and the faster your cart will travel. When you change the speed controller, you can reduce the voltage and increase the amperage of the motor, resulting in increased torque.
How can I make my EZ Go golf cart go faster?
One way to increase the speed of EZ Go golf carts is to incorporate an octane booster when you fill the tank. The cart will have more pick-up, and it could gain as much as 5 mph. A different approach is to take out the throttle linkage governor on the carburetor.
How can I make my 36v golf cart go faster?
How to Make a 36 Volt Golf Cart Faster
- Remove any unnecessary additions, racks or parts on your golf cart. …
- Power-wash your cart. …
- Check the shaft under the ignition pedal. …
- Put larger tires on the cart. …
- Replace any old or worn-out parts that are causing the cart to move slower than it should.
How do you remove the speed limiter on a EZ Go golf cart?
- Detach the cable from the carburetor. The cable is about the width of a straw. …
- Follow the disconnected cable up to the governor. …
- Disconnect the gas pedal cable from the governor and reroute it to the carburetor. …
- Using your wrench, remove the bolt on the gas pedal shaft.
How do you adjust the governor on a EZ Go golf cart?
How to Adjust the Governor on a Gas E-Z-Go Golf Cart
- Locate the governor arm mounted on top of the rear axle case underneath the cart. …
- Loosen the adjusting locknut on the end of the governor spring. …
- Retighten the adjusting locknut.
Why does my electric golf cart go slow uphill?
The Reason Your Electric Golf Cart Goes Slow Uphill? Your electric golf cart can struggle on inclines for a variety of reasons. Weak batteries, incorrect tires, and wear and tear to the motor and wiring are all potential causes of your cart’s slow speed.
What controls the speed of a golf cart?
Basically, an electric speed governor can be controlled by a tiny metal rod that’s located by the clutch of your golf cart. First things first: The electric speed governor is connected to a cable. You can adjust your speed by rotating the nut in a counterclockwise rotation.
Where is the speed sensor on a ezgo golf cart?
Typically, the speed sensor can be found on the backside of the motor. When removing the speed sensor, unplug all the cables that are on the backside of the motor. To do this, use a socket to take off the connector pigtail. Then, remove its plastic housing over the sensor.
How can I make my electric golf cart go faster without upgrading?
How to Make an Electric Golf Cart Faster Without Upgrades
- Wash Your Cart Properly. …
- Inspect the Batteries. …
- Refill the Battery Water. …
- Check the Gas Pedal and Linkage. …
- Measure the Tire Pressure. …
- Charge Up Your Battery Unit. …
- Lighten Up Your Cart’s Weight.
How much torque does a golf cart motor have?
The specifications below are right from the manufacturers website. The electric version of this cart can produce 13HP with 34.5 lb-ft of torque @1980 RPM. Those are the MAX electric specifications. The gas version of the exact same cart can produce 14HP with only 19.91 lb-ft of torque @ 2400 RPM.
How fast is 48V golf cart?
Standard 36V and 48V golf carts are capable of the same top-end speed (12MPH). You can, however, make your golf cart go faster by doing a couple of things: Larger Tires – You can purchase larger tires.